Sigma 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens - Sony E Mount
Optical excellence with close-focusing capabilities, the Sony E-mount 105mm f/2.8 DG DN Macro Art Lens, from Sigma, is a short-telephoto prime optimized for macro use. With a minimum focusing distance of 11.6", and a 5.5" working distance, this lens offers a life-size, 1:1 reproduction ratio for accurate rendering of close-up subjects. Its optical design incorporates one SLD element, which also helps to realize high clarity and color accuracy by suppressing various aberrations and color fringing. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied, which controls flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
Benefitting handling, this lens sports a Hyper-Sonic Motor for quick and quiet AF performance and intuitive full-time manual focus control. A focus limiter switch also helps to boost focusing speed and precision, and there is also a customizable AFL button and dedicated focus mode switch. Additionally, the lens features a nine-blade rounded diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Art line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve truly notable optical performance and is ideally suited for creative and artistic applications.
- Short-telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 157.5mm equivalent focal length.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element markedly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- True macro design affords a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with an 11.6" minimum focusing distance, and a 5.5" minimum working distance, to suit working with close-up subjects.
- The integrated HSM (Hyper Sonic Motor) realizes quick and quiet autofocus performance, which is further complemented by an optimized AF algorithm to produce smoother focusing performance. The HSM also permits full-time manual focus control simply by rotating the focus ring at any time.
- Focus limiter switch can be used to constrain the focusing range within three zones for faster, more responsive performance: 11.6" to 1.6', 1.6' to infinity, and 11.6" to infinity.
- Manual aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent aperture switching to benefit video applications. Additionally, a dedicated aperture ring lock switch can also be employed to prevent accidental shifting of the aperture setting.
- Built-in Autofocus-Lock (AFL) button which can be assigned additional functions widens the range of operations available on the lens.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Weather-resistant construction with a brass bayonet that affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity.