Schneider Xenon FF 18mm T2.4 Lens
The Schneider Xenon FF 18mm T2.4 Lens with Canon EF mount is part of the Xenon FF set of lenses. FF stands for full-frame, and every lens in the set covers a full frame image sensor without vignetting, designed for 4K image capture. This lens is color-matched to a standard at the factory, minimizing color shift when changing lenses. It features a 14-blade iris, providing a natural looking bokeh with circular, out of focus highlights, and 300° of lens barrel rotation. The 18mm shares the same focus and iris gear position, as well as the same 100mm front barrel diameter with the other lenses in the Xenon FF line of lenses (although the 18mm does not have a front filter thread as do the other focal lengths).
The lens features a barrel with a large circumference, providing wide spacing for focus marks in feet. Opposing focus scales provide properly oriented focus marks on both sides, so an assistant can pull focus from either side of the lens. Lens gears for focus and iris allow you to use the lens with industry standard lens accessories. The 18mm features a removable lens support bracket, so you can use an available lens support if you wish. The lens is designed to allow a lens technician to swap mounts between available ARRI PL, Nikon F, Sony E mounts, so you can avoid using adapters and solidly mount the lens to your camera.
- 4K/Full Frame
- The lenses are designed to cover a full-sized image sensor and provide 4K resolution for image capture.
- Color Matched
- The lenses are color matched to a standard, ensuring consistent color across lenses. This allows you to purchase additional Xenon FF lenses without having to search through multiple lenses trying to assemble a matched set.
- The lenses share the same physical characteristics across the set, including length, diameter, and focus and iris gear positions. This speeds up lens changes in the field, minimizing adjustments to matte boxes and lens accessories.
- Lens Barrel Rotation
- 300° of lens barrel rotation provides for accurate focus adjustments throughout the range.
- Covers Full Frame Sensors
- Supports 4K Recording Quality
- Shares Characteristics across FF Primes
- 14-Blade Iris
- 300° Lens Barrel Rotation
- Minimized Focus Breathing
- Standard Lens Gears
- Removable Lens Support Bracket
- Lens Mount is Swappable
|T-Stop||T2.4 to 22|
|Minimum Focus Distance||16.0" / 40.6 cm|
|Horizontal Angle of View||
|Focus||Focus Scales: Feet|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Front Outer Diameter||100 mm|
5.34" / 135.6 mm
Front to Flange
5.13" / 130.3 mm
3.9" / 100 mm
|Weight||3.1 lb / 1.4 kg|
|Package Weight||4.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.4 x 6.8 x 5.5"|