SmallHD 703 UltraBright Directors Kit (V-Mount)
This SmallHD 703 UltraBright Directors Kit with V-mount battery plate provides you with a 7", 2200 cd/m² brightness monitor, a cage and sun hood, accessory handles and neck strap, as well as screen protectors, BNC cable, LEMO power lead cable, and a cleaning cloth. This kit makes it simple for the director to see what the camera sees, whether indoors or out. The included handles allow the monitor to be easily gripped, positioned, or held, while the neck strap helps prevent the monitor from crashing to the ground when held by an easily distracted operator.
The UltraBright monitor's display is easily visible outdoors even in bright days, and the included anti-reflection screen protector helps with visibility on gray, overcast, glare-riddled days. If you don't need the anti-glare properties, you can use the included clear screen protector instead. Either protects your screen from day-to-day wear, but the screen protector will not protect your monitor or screen from impact damage.
703 UltraBright On-Camera Monitor
Though monitoring HD video signals outdoors can be difficult, the SmallHD 703 UltraBright On-Camera Monitor, with its 2200 cd/m² bright backlight, overcomes this environmental difficulty. The 7" 1920 x 1080 LCD provides a sharp image, ideal for focus pulling and image analysis on set and in the field. Another advantage of the high-brightness panel is the monitor's ability to preview HDR content. HDR preview extends the display's dynamic range to portray a greater range of brightness in the image.
A unibody aluminum exterior keeps the monitor durable yet lightweight, while also acting as a heatsink for the internal electronics. The LCD panel itself is protected by a layer of optically-bonded Gorilla Glass, notable for its transparency and toughness. The optical bonding process ensures that blacks are not washed out and reduces the harshness of reflections.
On the sides of the display are the SDI and HDMI I/O. Having dual SDI ports allows for A/B viewing of two different SDI signals, or the secondary port can be assigned as an output for sending an SDI signal downstream to another monitor, switcher, or wireless accessory. All the functionality of the monitor is available via the PageBuilder OS, which provides advanced functionality with a simple and efficient graphical user interface.
- PageBuilder OS
- PageBuilder OS is an intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) that puts all the advanced functionality of the 703 UltraBright at your fingertips. Rather than have confusing menus, this GUI allows you to selectively apply monitoring tools such as waveform, vectorscope, multiview, LUTs, and focusing aids on different "pages". These pages can be easily flipped through using the joystick. The buttons on the front panel can also toggle monitoring tools on and off for each page.
- ColorFlow 3D LUT Processing
- To keep your images consistent from production through to post-production, ColorFlow allows you to import 3D LUTs and display the treated image side-by-side with the untreated image to correctly gauge exposure while visualizing what is being recorded by the camera. Side-by-side preview can also be used with the HDR preview function. Separate LUT-treated images can be sent downstream over SDI and HDMI so you can have the 703 UltraBright display a log image or LUT-treated image, while the director or client monitors connected to the outputs can receive images treated with a different LUT. An image capture function saves a still frame from the incoming video stream onto an SD card, and records the applied 3D LUT for post-production reference.
- On-Set Problem Solving
- PageBuilder OS has a dedicated "Output Preview" page which allows you to apply LUTs and other image adjustments specific to the output signal from the monitor. Whether you have your camera connected to the HDMI or SDI input on the 703 UltraBright, you are not limited by that protocol; the 703 UltraBright cross-converts to ensure compatibility with downstream hardware.
- HD Scopes
- Fill the screen with up to three simultaneous scopes, including waveform, vectorscope, and histogram, while still being able to observe the camera feed.
- Exposure Tools
- Exposure Assist supports both ARRI and Spectrum based false color, with built in IRE guides for reference. Utilize 2x Zebra to warn you when reaching a brightness level of your choosing. This is great for matching exposure across shots and cameras.
- Customizable Focus Assist and Peaking Tools
- As recording resolutions increase, so does the importance of focusing precision. With Focus Assist, you can highlight the areas that are in focus with a bright color. These highlights are easily visible on the fly for quick focus confirmation. Focus Peaking increases the sharpness of the image for a subtler focus confirmation without the need for bright outlines. The color and intensity of these tools are adjustable to fit your preference.
- Versatile Frame Guides
- Select standard markers and safety areas that can be overlaid on the display as lines or matte overlays, with custom opacity level and colors. Default aspect ratios include 4:3, 1.85, 2.39:1, 16:9, and Custom (user selectable).
- Power Options
- Separately available DV, V-Mount, or Gold Mount battery plates can be attached to the rear of the display. A mounted battery can power the monitor, as well as attached accessories, through the 12V LEMO pass-through connection.
Battery Plate for 503/703 UltraBright On-Camera Monitor (V-Mount)
The V-mount SmallHD Battery Plate for 503/703 UltraBright On-Camera Monitor is designed to work with and power either the SmallHD 503U or 703U on-camera monitor. The battery plate features a solid locking system that prevents your professional battery from accidentally disconnecting.UPC: 855534007038
Monitor Handles and Neck Strap
These Monitor Handles and Neck Strap from SmallHD give you a comfortable way of holding a compatible monitor. Easy to install, the lightweight black rubber handles attach securely to your monitor's side threaded holes using the included screws. The padded neoprene neck strap is adjustable and fastens onto the handles.
- Anti-slip rubber handles
- Woven nylon strap with neoprene padding
- Anti-spin handle connection
- Easy to install and hold
Thin BNC Cable (12")
At only 2.75mm in diameter this Thin BNC Cable from SmallHD will snake around nearly any component you have in your rig, perfect for use in compact camera setups with an EVF or on-camera monitor which uses SDI.UPC: 850246006447
Thin BNC Cable (24")
At only 2.75mm in diameter this Thin BNC Cable from SmallHD will snake around nearly any component you have in your rig, perfect for use in compact camera setups with an EVF or on-camera monitor which uses SDI.UPC: 857497005960
Thin BNC Cable (48")
At only 2.75mm in diameter this Thin BNC Cable from SmallHD will snake around nearly any component you have in your rig, perfect for use in compact camera setups with an EVF or on-camera monitor which uses SDI.UPC: 857497005977
2-Pin LEMO to Bare Wire Cable (72")
The 2-Pin LEMO to Bare Wire Cable from SmallHD is used to create your own custom power cable. This 72" cable features a 2-pin LEMO connector on one end and two flying leads on the other. The LEMO connector is a compatible power connector for select SmallHD production and on-board monitors, and select third-party wireless transmitters.
Studio Production Monitors:
Field Production Monitors:
Select third-party wireless transmitters
Clear Screen Protector for 703 Bolt and 703 Ultra Bright
This SmallHD Clear Screen Protector for 703 Bolt and 703 Ultra Bright is flexible and features a clear screen with no anti-reflection properties. It protects your screen from incidental contact, scratches, and wear. However, it does not provide impact protection to your screen.UPC: 850324007373
Ultra Matte Screen Protector for 703 Bolt and 703 Ultra Bright
This SmallHD Ultra Matte Screen Protector for 703 Bolt and 703 Ultra Bright is flexible and features anti-reflection properties that minimize glare. It protects your screen from incidental contact, scratches, and wear. However, it does not provide impact protection to your screen.UPC: 850324007366
Made from a non-abrasive material, this Microfiber Cleaning Cloth from SmallHD is a safe option for cleaning glass surfaces and coatings on a monitor or camera. It measures approximately 7 x 7" and is easily stored in a bag or pocket when not in use.
- 703U UltraBright Monitor
- 703 Cage and Hood
- V-Mount Battery Plate
- Monitor Accessory Handles and Neck Strap
- Clear and Ultra-Matte Screen Protectors
- BNC Cables
- LEMO Power Lead Cable
- Cleaning Cloth
I/O Video 1 x 3G-SDI (BNC) Output
1 x HDMI Type A Output
1 x 3G-SDI (BNC) Input
1 x HDMI Type A Input
Embedded Audio HDMI
Audio 1 x 3.5 mm Headphone Output Built-In Speaker None Power 1 x 2-Pin LEMO Input
1 x 2-Pin LEMO Output
Card Slot 1 x SD Power DC Input Power 6 to 34 VDC Battery Type None Power Consumption 13 W Mounting Mounting 2 x 1/4"-20 Female Environmental Certifications CE, FCC, IC, RoHS, as per Manufacturer Operating Temperature 0 to 100°F / -17.8 to 37.8°C Storage Temperature -4 to 120°F / -20 to 48.9°C General Dimensions (W x H x D) 4.9 x 8.4 x 1.1" / 12.4 x 21.3 x 2.9 cm Weight 1.7 lb / 748 g Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 9.4 x 7.2 x 2.0"
Monitor Handles and Neck Strap
Compatibility MON-701L, MON-702, MON-702-OLED, MON-702BLK, MON-702L & MON-703BOLT
MON-503U & MON-703U via cage (available separately)
Material Handles: Rubber
Strap: Nylon, neoprene padding
Compliance CE Dimensions Neck Strap
Total Length: 43.3" / 110 cm
Body Length: 21.3" / 54 cm
Width: 1.6" / 4 cm
Total Length: 4.7" / 12 cm
Crossbar Upper Length: 2.8" / 7.0 cm
Crossbar Lower Length: 1.2" / 3.0 cm
Weight 12 oz / 340.2 g Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 10.1 x 6.9 x 3.0"